Tuesday, January 15, 2019

TBP's NFL Mock Draft 2019 - Drafting The Teams: Part 2

Let's get back into the drafting of teams for the TBP Mock Draft. The first 16 picks were made in Part 1, if you missed it. We're completing the drafting process here. Jonah, you're on the clock!

Jonah: I’ll take Buffalo. They go after a target for Allen and they could be good again. That kid will silence some doubters if he hasn’t already. Maybe get a OT like Cajuste to shore up the line. Either way, lots of potential.

Campbell: I'll snag the Panthers. They need some OT and OL to protect Cam, similar to the state that Indianapolis went through with Luck. Carolina needs more OL help and another play-maker for a WR

JB: I'll take the Dolphins. I don't know much about them right now, so it will be good to catch up.

TK: You stole my pick! Alright, fine, I'll go with Denver. I don't dislike the Broncos, but I haven't been particularly warm on them either. So should be fun to dig into where their roster lies and what could help boost it up. I wish they'd get a quarterback I could root for.

Jonah: I’ll take New York (Giants). Definitely see them go for a QB, but at 6 it should be interesting.

JB: There are NO QBs worth taking high in the draft this year. I'd rather see them work to sign a FA and get some kind of value out of the pick. RGIII, Tyrod Taylor and Teddy Bridgewater are all available. Sign them to a contract that can be dumped if it doesn't work out and wait to draft a QB if you still need one. #FirmOpinion

TK: Man, if NYG went for a QB from this class and whiffed... first of all that would be hilarious, but also, Mara/Tisch probably clean front-office house very soon

JB: Also, something to be considered, what happens to the Giants when Barkley hits his 2nd contract? If you thought you couldn't afford Bell... Barkley is going to be better. They need to be able to get a franchise QB, and pretty quick.

Campbell: I’ll stick with the same old middle-of-the-road draft. Taking my scouting talents to the Atlanta Falcons. Big yikes this year! Need a definite upgrade on OL and Defense as a whole.

TK: I like it. The teens are your stomping grounds!

Campbell: Exactly! First rounders that are in the teens are still good, but don’t get as much focus.

JB: I'll take KC. I'm interested to see if they keep Bob Sutton. If they do or not I think they need to target the Defense. Lots of holes on that side of the ball. Probably best available

Jonah: KC needs some LBs. Terrible against the run.

JB: Yeah. They need help. I want them to get a different DC. I don't know if the troubles are schematic or not. It's hard to tell, but better talent won't hurt.

TK: Exactly, can't hurt to get a new DC at this point. Take a chance Andy! I'm going with Green Bay's natural pick. Looking forward to continuing to stockpile that defense with more weapons. Jonah, you can opt for an offensive piece late with the NO-acquired pick. But I'd prefer you give them MOAR DEFENSE.

Jonah: I'll go Cincinnati. I have no idea what you do to fix that roster, but they are already at a deficit in the coaching department.

Campbell: Oh, this is going to be fun. Imma pick the Steelers, had high expectations in the middle of the season, don't know what went wrong, but with AB situation, I am excited to see how this draft plays out.

TK: Thank you, I was beginning to wonder if they would be the last team left and I’d get them by default.

Campbell: It is always a mystery with them because their drafts haven't always been the biggest eye catcher and then a year or two down the line, their draft picks are suddenly All-Pro or contributing a lot.

TK: Yeah, it's the worst.

JB: Gimme the Titans. I'll go into detail on why they should be moving away from Mariota.

TK: Oooh exciting! Not too often you see a team give up on a legit QB with no backup plan. Don't think they'd actually do it. Trading for Flacco makes a ton of sense though.

JB: No, they won't do it. But they should be thinking about it. positioning themselves to move in that direction.

TK: I'm going to draft for Oakland at the Chicago position. I don't think it'll be too hard to draft for need with that team, but I am curious to see how much better my pick will be than what Gruden ends up whiffing on.

Jonah: I'll take Philly Philly.

Campbell: Dilly Dilly! I'll take the Chargers. They have a solid team, will want to start developing a young WR. I think they need to improve their OL or grab a TE early on.

JB: I'll grab the Patriots.

TK: And that leaves me with the Houston Texans. I'm probably targeting an offensive lineman, but we'll see where the players shuffle out.


That's all folks! The Broken Plane Mock Draft drafting of the teams is complete. Who's got the most exciting set of teams? Who chose poorly? Let us know down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment