Monday, January 14, 2019

TBP's NFL Mock Draft 2019 - Drafting The Teams: Part 1

It's time to take a look at who will be making selections for each team in the upcoming TBP Mock Draft. Let's get to it. Jonah, you're on the clock!

If you don't know what it is we're doing here, pop back to the Intro real quick!

Jonah: Los Angeles Rams. The Rams have a good solid young offensive core and one of the best defensive players to ever grace the field in AD.

Campbell: I'mma snag that mediocre Washington football team.

JB: Seattle Seahawks. I haven't been right about any of the picks the Seahawks have made since Schneider and Carroll got there in 2010. So this will be great!

TK: True to form, I'm taking Baltimore rounding out the first round of homer picks. Looking forward to picking up where Ozzie left off, hopefully somebody from 'Bama is available around 30-32 range!

Jonah: Green Bay via New Orleans. My first two are based solely on interest and not wanting the first 3 or 4.

Campbell: Browns. 'Cause you gotta trust the process.

JB: I want the Raiders. I want to see which young kid will not be turned into an All-Pro player. Do you guys think Mayock is going to be the difference in personnel decisions? Do Mack and Cooper get moved if he's with the team last fall?

TK: Did Gruden just force a positional hire for a guy who can act as a figurehead while Gruden does whatever he wants? Mayock can go in front of a camera and spew positive spin on any player Gruden chooses thanks to his 50 years as an “analyst” on TV. What a joke. I hope the Raiders wallow in 4-12 purgatory for Gruden’s entirety.

JB: I can't decide if I love it, or hate it that Mayock has no front office experience. On the one hand, DUDE HAS ZERO EXPERIENCE. On the other hand, THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR ME!!! WOOHOO!

TK: I’m going Detroit Lions in round 2. I was a big preseason believer in Patricia and a defensive turnaround and I hope they prioritize that side of the ball. Jim Bob Cooter and Stafford really let me down, but I think the offense will be okay.

JB: I was big on Patricia too, but the things coming out about him now that the season is over, especially the stuff about him being chronically late, bothers me. The entire job is about attention to detail. Lack of promptness is indicative of a larger problem.

TK: Ugh. I hadn’t heard about that, it’s unfortunate. I also had forgotten about his sexual assault indictment and the incident with the reporter (it’s about respect, fix your posture). I’m kinda regretting the Lions pick now.

Jonah: J! E! T! S!

Campbell: I'll take the Vikings. Fairly certain that they'll need a running back.  Cook, Murray aren't getting it done. 615 yards is pitiful.

TK: Oh really? Not feeling Dalvin Cook for the future, eh? I am operating under the impression he'll get it moving another year removed from the injury.

Campbell: Probably, I just don't know. The entire Vikings team sucked the back-end of the season. I don't know if it was QB issues of WR issues or just entire O issues.

TK: As a Washington Football Team fan, you should know, this is all Kirk Cousins' fault!

Campbell: I hope Washington pick up Lawrence in 2 years.

JB: I got the Cardinals, and whoever their new coach turns out to be. Does anyone really have faith that Kliff Kingsbury can walk into the desert and right the ship? Has an offensive-minded college coach ever walked into the NFL and turned a team around?

TK: Why would there be a ship in the desert? Kliff seems like a great hire for OC. Not sure I'd go giving him the reins though. He had Mahomes and they went 5-7 & 7-6. You're basically hiring two HCs if you hire him because he's not going to do jack with the defense, so whoever your DC is needs to be HC-level too. And they'll probably not get along.

JB: I guess the question would end up being "Who is Kingsbury's Wade Phillips?"

TK: I'm taking the Colts. Really love how this team has turned out under Reich, Eberflus, and to a lesser extent Sirianni. I think their offense is fairly complete at this point and looking to strengthen the defense should be a key point of emphasis.

Jonah: Oakland for me. All those first round picks, bound to hit gold somewhere. I still have faith that Gruden begins a rebuild to his liking. I think the Cardinals are in trouble, by the way.

TK: The Cardinals do look in a bad spot. If I were in charge, I'd prioritize a stable coach, and just dump money and assets into the offensive line.

Campbell: I'll take the Jags because I know that they will be targeting a QB in the first round, and figuring out their WR situation. They have Donte [Moncrief] and Dede [Westbrook], yet if they could add a third WR (similar to what the Rams did) then they could finally compete in their division.

TK: Do you think Keelan Cole was a "one-hit wonder" from his 2017 750-yard season? And no confidence in D.J. Chark turning a corner?

Campbell: DJ Chark barely played, so I would assume that he gets benched for the majority of the season next year or plays very little. I would expect the Jags to focus on O line, QB, and secondary in this upcoming draft.

TK: I wonder if Chark gets an opportunity. Moncrief is a free agent, so there's a chance he's not back. Though I'm sure Jacksonville would like him to return. Think you're right on their draft needs though.

JB: Might as well have 3 of the first 4 picks! I'll take the 49ers. They already have talent on the roster. I'd like to see them look at LB or the secondary... or draft a QB. That'd be good. A fourth QB to compete with Garoppolo, Mullens, and Beathard!

TK: I'm not going to let you have all the fun. Snagging Tampa Bay to pair with my Lions for a set of solid top 10 picks to teams that need more than a single top 10 pick to fix what's broke. Secondary is the glaring need, but can I find it without reaching?


That's the first half of The Broken Plane Mock Draft drafting of the teams. Weigh in if you like, we'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment